Taskforce 1: Knowledge Platform
Establish a knowledge hub and maintaining dialogue
Together with Co-chairs from the ARoFIIN Steering Committee (HPB and FIA), Taskforce 1 develops strategies to formalise the ARoFIIN Platform and Taskforce collaborations, and accelerate knowledge-sharing on product reformulation and innovation that addresses obesity and chronic disease.
- To establish a clear governance structure for ARoFIIN
- To communicate progress and updates on ARoFIIN initiatives
- To identify opportunities for knowledge-sharing and facilitate debate in the field of product reformulation and innovation in the context of reducing obesity and chronic disease in Asia and beyond
To learn more about Taskforce 1, please contact the ARoFIIN Secretariat.
Taskforce 2: Consumer
Establishing a research consortium to facilitate R&D in food innovation, and enhancing nutrition literacy
Together with Co-chairs from the ARoFIIN Steering Committee (A*STAR and HPB), Taskforce 2 champions efforts in cultivating a conducive research platform for multi-stakeholder collaborations. Having good understanding of the current knowledge gap in diet and nutrition literacy, or barriers in food technology adoption, he/she will be responsible for forming sub-working groups to initiate R&D project in accordance to the proposed outcomes for Taskforce 2.
- To establish a Research Consortium to stimulate pre-competitive research and development in food innovation and to better understand consumer behaviour in Asia, changing health profiles and the Asian phenotype
- To explore ways to assess and capture the wide range of Public-Private interventions in Asia that have the potential to generate healthy food products and yield a positive outcome on consumer behaviour in the food, nutrition and lifestyle space
To learn more about Taskforce 2, please contact the ARoFIIN Secretariat.
Taskforce 3: Regulation
Cultivating a positive regulatory climate for innovation
Together with Co-chairs from the ARoFIIN Advisory Panel (public and academic institutions), Taskforce 3 explores ways to share best practices among regulators, in order to accelerate harmonisation of standards in ASEAN by seeking public-private partnership opportunities with governments, academic institutions and civil society. Equipped with a good understanding of proprietorial and regulatory limitations in knowledge-sharing, Taskforce 3 members propose new initiatives to tackle issues regarding trade barriers and business continuity.
- To make recommendations to the ARoFIIN Steering Committee on the regulatory barriers and enablers in Asia that impact food innovation
- Starting with ASEAN, Taskforce 3 will explore ways to capture the full range of regulatory interventions linked to product formulation, packaging and nutrition labelling; and determine if or how these regulations have a positive or negative impact
To learn more about Taskforce 3, please contact the ARoFIIN Secretariat.
Taskforce 4: Double Burden
Optimising “whole of value chain” linkages
Together with Co-chairs from the ARoFIIN Advisory Panel (public/academic and civil society institutions), Taskforce 4 drives initiatives that improve food and nutrition security through better availability, accessibility and utilisation of food and food products, and identifies policies to support nutrient-sensitive food systems. By fostering partnerships with government bodies, trade societies, academia and research institutes, members will facilitate discussions on securing sustainable mechanisms, funding and projects for research that will increase access to nutrient-rich foods, and innovative strategies that seek to create new food products and markets for the Base of Pyramid population.
- Make recommendations to the ARoFIIN Steering Committee on how to leverage whole-of-supply-chain linkages and finance mechanisms, in order to allow governments and industry to tackle the double burden of under- and over-consumption in Asia
- Explore ways to share best practices and harmonise dialogue in inter-governmental fora such as FAO, WHO and WTO in addressing dual burden of malnutrition
To learn more about Taskforce 4, please contact the ARoFIIN Secretariat.